So rundown of my routine:
9:00-12:00 every day - Harap Alb with the little kids (1-5 year olds)Here we color, go outside, just sit in the playroom and play with toddlers, do musical activities, and the like to entertain the kids for the mornings. I love these kids, and I love working with them, learning how to speak right along side the toddlers, and how to write along with the older kids :) The toddlers spend their afternoons and evenings in their cribs also, and they only have enough pampers at the orphanage for each kid to get three diapers a day. Pray for these boogers, and especially for the staff there. (They are overworked, tired, and pretty grumpy.)
Monday, Wednesday, Friday - Big kids (Girls 2 days, Boys 1 day)
These kids live in apartments, six each. Each apartment has like a "house mom."
We try to get them outside and play games or do activities. At the very least we go to the park. These kids are fun, because they are really teaching me Romanian. Plus they make fun of me when I don't understand. And I don't understand when they make fun of me, which is all the more hilarious to them. Basically they all love me. On a darker note, most of these kids have lived their entire lives in orphanages, never knowing what it is like to be a part of a functional family. These kids are ones who I really encourage you to pray for, right now.
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday - Spital (Abandoned babies)
Basically, we change diapers, feed babies, occasionally take them outside, and just hold them, because otherwise they are in their cribs. We've been going up to the ICU more lately. The CP kids break my heart, because they are left in their cribs, their muscles getting stiffer every day, and their faces covered in mucus. Pray for these precious ones!
Notice, I put a little emphasis on praying :) I know God is already doing such great things through Anchor of Hope and through Sarah and her staff. There are always needs, and The Lord has said if we call upon His name, He will provide! So cry out!
No comments:
Post a Comment